Monday, May 15, 2006

It's apron time

JP and I went thrifting on the weekend... check out the cute apron I found. The waistband and pockets have been smocked to make the design using the fabric pattern. It's very well done, someone was a very good stitcher. Isn't it just adorable?

We also found lots of older restaurant/hotel serving plates with 60's designs on them and I found some amethyst boucle which I bought for my mom, but now I don't know what to do with it. It's not really good for crochet, it's better for knitting since you can't see your stitches. I'm thinking of a pillow or seat cushion and maybe adding an intarsia design. Suggestions are welcome.

We've had great weather this past weekend and week coming up, today it's supposed to be in the 30's. Too bad I'm stuck at work, but I have had a few breaks outside. This is the kind of weather you want to kick back in, not weed and work. I do have to mow the lawn, but I'm not doing it at 30 degrees!

No comments: