Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A crash and a smash

My day started at 5 am with a crash coming from the laundry room where the dogs sleep. My beloved Jazz had failed to clear the gate she jumped and sent it crashing to the floor. I went to put her back in the room and my bare feet slipped on a small area where she got sick.... okay, I can deal with that. But then I turn around to start the clean up when I spy a second spill........much larger........ YIKES. Not how I wanted to start the day. About an hour later, she had another incident and then when there was a sudden downpour of rain, she had a little panic attack and so I had to put her in her kennel. Enough said.

Later today, I'm working at the computer when - SMASH - I hear a horrible sound including breaking glass, my first thought was my fish tank, but quickly discovered it came from a different end of the house. Sadly, a shelf holding a collection of vintage ashtrays hit the ground and shattered 2 of our favourites and one not so favourite. We had 77, now we're back to 74. Besides losing them, I just got the brown metal Reno roulette wheel on MONDAY!

Here's the (cleaned up) damage, 3 broken, one completely shattered - the one we both loved, from Trader Vics:


Is it better to have a couple bad things happen in the same day, or better to have them spaced out over a couple of days? Why do they have to happen at all? Well, I guess both could be my fault because I feed the dogs, and I hung the shelf..... boo hoo for me. I think I'm going to take a nap, I just hope the bed doesn't collapse.

No comments: