Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back to work. I took Monday and Tuesday off as a bit of a summer break and for my birthday. Unfortunately, it wasn't the greatest weather. That's what happens when you have to book your vacation days in January!
Anyway, over the weekend, I embroidered this hanky for JP, from the "Stitch-it Kit" by Jenny Hart. He already had the hanky, I already had the embroidery floss, I just used the iron transfer and the embroidery hoop from the kit:
Here's a close up:
I crocheted and knitted this grasshopper for my swap partner (I sure hope she doesn't read my blog) making the pattern up as I went along. It's okay isn't it? Also, I finished an inherited ball of yarn to make this scarf (with only about 1 meter to spare!) I adopted the pattern from the Getting Dizzy Scarf in Not your Mama's Crochet by Amy Swensen. It starts out looking like this: ...and then you pick it up and it stretches to this: ...and then when you wear it, it's like an ascot. Actually, see Vicki Howell's picture to the left - it almost looks like what she's wearing! That's interesting. I never even thought of that until I previewed my post!
....the colours are dark turquoise and green, I know my camera didn't show it off very well - sorry.

7 comments:

M. Patrizio said...

I hankie came out great! I just love looking at embroidery so much lately.

M. Patrizio said...

Whoops... THE hankie/hanky

Lilli in Vancouver said...

That's cool, like wearing a piece of art !

Anonymous said...

Hi. I responded to your K-tel knitter post from May. Just wanted to let you know, that you don't miss it. :)
(thanks for it, btw!)
Veda

Cynthia F said...

awesome job on the hanky!!!
love the swap stuff you made, your swap partner is a lucky girl!! i hope you get lots of great things in return!

Anonymous said...

You're very creative. I'm in awe. I have lots of projects in mind, have bot some wool, but just can't seem to get to it. Anyhoo...your stuff is great! I love it all. The grasshopper is very cool. I couldn't just wing something like that. You said you were embarassed. You should not be at all!

Way Out Wear said...

Thanks Joanne. Thanks for the comments on the grasshopper. I'm sure you could come up with something on your own too - especially with crochet it's so forgiving you just rip back and pick it up until you're happy. You've got enough experience to do that. You should see some of the nice things on the swap...I'm not so sure -