Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My mum doesn't live near me, but I sent her the fern leaf shawl so every time she puts it one she'll think of me.
My brother and SIL are making her a brunch.
I just wished she still lived in the Vancouver area so I could make her day as good as I could.

It's pouring rain today. I checked the forecast yesterday evening, it was supposed to be sunny, with only a 20% chance of rain. Poor mums - no picnics or out door activites for you. (Maybe that's a good thing?)

I decided to take advantage of the rain and planted seeds in my greenhouse. After I was done filling the pots with dirt and seeds I'd put them out in the rain so they'd be watered nicely and then I put them back in my greenhouse. I planted some vegetables: carrots, peas, pole beans, peppers, onions, lettuce, and onions. For flowers I planted: marigold, nasturtium, sunflowers, poppies, amaranth, sweet peas, hollyhocks. I know some seeds are late, but I figure with the crappy spring we're having maybe we'll have a better summer and the plants can catch up.

What did you do for Mother's Day?

2 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Wait, pouring rain for you? We didn't get any in Burnaby today from 11:00 to 4:30. And it's kind of sunny out right now.

For mother's day I planted a pumpkin patch. I'm so glad I got it done.

Also, you have a pear tree? I had no idea I know two people with a dog and a pear tree. I could be up to my ucksters in pears this year. WINK!

Way Out Wear said...

Yes, I have a pear tree. However, I also have a pear eating dog who picks her own fruit. She eats 1-2 per day (more if I'd let her). So if you want some, you'll have to make arrangements with her!