Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thank you Thanksgiving

'Scuz me, can I have another day puh-lease?

Well I am thankful for a long weekend and feel pretty good about it. Saturday I worked on cutting down and bagging all those tree branches we cut 2 weeks ago. Apparently cutting down the branches was the easy part! And JP worked on cleaning out a storage room so we could move a bunch of work stuff that was clogging up our living room to the storage room. Of course now our carport is full of stuff to go to the dump, to charity and to recycling. He suggested we rent a pick up truck to do so and I'm all for that - let's get it out of here!

Sunday we had our Thanksgiving Dinner, and we were thankful we didn't have to have it with 21 semi-relatives, with all the other stuff that goes with it. We enjoyed a nice candlelit dinner for the 2 of us - with a baron of beef, garlic roasted mashed potatoes and brussells sprouts. Thank you!
I am so focused on getting the food on the table, I forget to take a photo before we've touched it.

Yesterday was more sorting and decluttering, for me it's a bit draining - it feels like I've been in an intense therapy session and can only do so much per session. But I'm getting better at letting more things go. I finished the zig zag socks and I started knitting with a yarn called "Sprinkles" - when I've knit it up it looks like terry cloth, and I'm making a little sweater for one of my manager's daughter's who's having a baby next month - the pattern's called Baby Yeti - isn't it cute?

Jazz is on week two of Chemotherapy. Here she's relaxing - see her cute shaved belly? I just love her little spots!

5 comments:

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I know I am a little late. So sorry to hear about your sick pup, I hope she can breeze through the chemo and be back to health quickly.
Good luck to you and to Jazz, "whose a good girl??" Imagine I'm saying that in the voice you talk to doggies with.

Way Out Wear said...

I did, I did say it in a doggie voice! Thanks for the well wishes Barb - I hope you had a good thanksgiving as well!

Cynthia F said...

Yum! Your dinner looks amazing!!
And wow you got it all done- that was a huge job!!
and what a good girl Jazz- she is such a sweetie!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh we didn't clear all the trees, but the pile is getting smaller!
Yes, Jazz is handling the treatment very well, which I am very grateful for!

Carol Browne said...

Awwhhh...cute. Jazz is all spotty. Also that baby sweater? TOTALLY cute! Cute, cute, cute. All of it.