Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eco Cone? Ec-one? Econe? E-cone? What do YOU call it?

My sweet little puppy was spayed last Friday - poor little girl, I just hate putting her through this misery but if it helps her lead a long and healthy life, then I guess I have to deal with it. In case you didn't know, spaying your dog can drop her chances of getting mammary cancer to a zero if you spay before their first heat. I already went through that in my early 20's with my Old English Sheepdog - we fought her breast cancer for 3 years, poor girl.
But Eco's having a hard time with the cone/buster collar/e-collar (whatever you'd like to call it). With my last 2 dogs, I think Maxx's poor little brain was small enough that he went along with it and Jazz was so eager to please me, she didn't have too much of an issue with it either. But Eco? I think she doesn't understand the 'why'. As she looks at me miserably without moving, I keep asking myself if this is a dog that's spoiled or a dog that's confused and I just don't think she's being a brat about it. She looks stressed, and a stressed dog isn't going to heal as fast...... which is why I slept on the floor with her last night. (go ahead say it/think it - you can tell me, I can deal with it)

3 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Aww Eco- I so get where you're coming from- Starry was so pathetic looking in her cone & we took it off after a couple of days. I say do what you gotta do, she seems pretty darn happy and to be healing quickly and will be 100% sooner than you can imagine. And Starry sends he a big puppeh kiss and hug!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh thanks! Eco kisses right back at her!

Carol Browne said...

Awww...crazy dog lady? Is that what you were hoping we'd say? Heh.

Get well soon, Eco!