Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

I remember. I remember and observe every year. I remember my grandfather who fought in the Second World War and I remember stories my mother's told me about the glorious day at the end of the Second World War when the Canadian soldiers marched through her city in Europe announcing it was over.

I think of all our soldiers who are out there today, who aren't even supposed to be in active combat but who've died anyway. Too many young lives lost.

And I think about the poor people at Ft. Hood who lost their lives, and those who lost a family member at a place they thought was safe. Their home land. Their own military base. How very tragic.

I will think of all of you, as best I can, and thank you for the ultimate sacrifice you made for me, my family, my friends.

I remember and I am sorry.

No comments: