Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Show Time!

Today I snuck out of work a little early to head to Fibres West to see what was new in the yarn world. I did end up with quite a few hanks of lovely alpaca and fine merino wool. I will have to post photos soon.

I was hoping to find something inspiring for needle felting or embroidery but I didn't. There was one table that was doing the traditional rug hooking style which I like, but just can't start on these days. And lots of booth for spinning and weaving, which again I just can't start. I must stick with knitting, crochet, needlefelting and embroidery - that's plenty of hobbies I think!

Tomorrow is the Middle Eastern Dance Associations Grand Bazaar which I have been looking forward to for quite some time. There are performances, workshops and lots of goodies for sale. Don't be surprised to find out that I spent the whole day there tomorrow! My instructor is dancing Saturday morning and I'm looking forward to seeing her performance as well and some others that I haven't seen perform yet.

Today is the start of spring break and for some reason my brain is in long weekend mode, I have to remind myself that I don't get spring break or even a long weekend, but others do. I don't know, it's very strange, I may have a hard time staying motivated at work next week! Or, it might be nice and quite and I get lots and lots done !

Hope you're having a good weekend too, I'm off to get some knitting done, since I just added to my stash!

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I haven't knitted in a couple years ... I love it, though. I'm not inspired to make anything.

Way Out Wear said...

Hi Teena - I am inspired by the beautiful yarns and the gorgeous colours that I have a long list of things I want to make! Maybe one day you'll get back into it....

Cynthia F said...

Oooh what did you get?
How was the bazaar?