Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Funday

Yesterday we had a fun day, it was the end of the first week of Spring Break and so JP and I took the day off work and visited a friend of ours who works on a TV show and had invited us to the studio for a set tour. It was absolutely fascinating! Of course there are confidentiality agreements and all that so I couldn't take photos or tell you more about it but it was so wonderful to see the sets with all the intricate details and the drafted plans and the mock-ups. I wish my eyes and brains could have taken taken in all that I saw like a movie camera so I could replay it again and again.

And after the TV studios we went and toured a sound studio with our brother-in-law. Fascinating as well. They had amazing big rooms away from the rest of the world, with big speakers and big screens - just incredible. I particularly liked the foley room, although several people there expressed that it's really not that fun of a job. I guess it could be physically demanding and frustrating when things just don't go the way you want them to.

Working from home the last several years, I thought they had great places to work at and their co-workers seemed nice. Like most people, they think that working from home is better than their situation. The grass is always greener, isn't it?

Oh and speaking of green  - HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! 

No comments: