Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy Canada Day !

It's a lovely long weekend, Canadians all across the country are off to celebrate OUR day.

Unfortunately for those of us in the Vancouver area, we're still experiencing grey days and so many of the outdoor performances may be slightly changed - but hey, we're Canadian and if we let the weather get to us then we'd be inside and grump most of the time!! And the show must go on!

I would have liked to make something like this - but gee our strawberries won't ripen without some sunshine!!!

Speaking of being inside, I'm hiding out - not because of the weather - but because I've been up since 5ish with a migraine! Bah! Stupid head! Well, so far I've watched Vertigo, I am Sam, The Ides of March and Mildred Pierce. Movies help me forget about my aching head.

Anyway, Happy Canada Day - to all my friends no matter what country or continent you are on!

Photo credit: http://www.theminibaker.com/easy-canada-day-cake

2 comments:

Sultan said...

Hopefully your migraine will diminish. I've seen Mildred Pierce and Vertigo but not the other two. How are they?

Way Out Wear said...

Yes the headache finally subsided around 5pm, and remained in the background which was manageable.

The other two fairly good. Ides of March is the George Clooney and Ryan Gosling and I thought it wasn't so bad - it's about a campaign for a presidential election, George Clooney is the governor, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman are working on his campaign promotions.