Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Flowered Tote Embroidery

Here's the finished flower embroidery that I couldn't show you before because all the pattern transfer lines made it too ugly and confusing to look at:

Believe me, I couldn't wait to get it wet (water soluble marker) and wash away all the blue lines.

It's a simple design, stitched only in straight stitches on the outlines only. I may be interesting to do it again filling more of it in - we'll see, I don't usually like to do the same pattern twice. If you'd like to make one yourself, here's where I got the pattern - and you can learn how to dye your embroidery thread as well. It was because of this post that I decided to use only variegated thread for this project. Oh and the finished tote bag came from Sublime Stitching.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I recognize that pattern :) It looks gorgeous!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh wow! Thank you for the comment! I love your pattern!