Saturday, September 01, 2012

The right tool for the job

I've been playing with this yarn that is made of a carrier thread and pom-poms - I thought it would make a cute baby blanket, but after trying it I've found it's not so easy to work with - although progress is fast as far as inches go, stitch by stitch it's kind of slow as you can't move the yard through your fingers as you normally would.


The ballband and on-line tutorial said to use 3.75mm needles but I found they just kept slipping and they were very awkward, so since the gauge doesn't matter as much because you just need to loop the carrier threads, I switched to my 4.5mm circular needles and found progress has gone much better. A different tool made all the difference!

It's like a little quilt of pompoms!

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

It looks so colourful!