Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A warm Thanksgiving

We had the most amazing Thanksgiving weekend weather - I can't remember when it was so sunny and so warm and so many of us were so happy - 25 degrees in October for us is practically unheard of. Loved it! But sadly, it's the end of "Augtober" as they called in on the TV News and back to our regularly scheduled programing - going between 5 and 12 degrees. And yesterday it was a foggy day which barely cleared in the afternoon, just enough to see the sun before it set around 6:30. Time to pull out our warm socks and winter bed covers!

And it's getting close to that really fun time if year - Halloween. I love to decorate the yard  - but not too early! Maybe next weekend, two weeks early will be fine. I don't like all the gory decorations - no monsters in cages but I do have skulls and spiders and that kind of stuff. And to also get in the mood, I made two little baby beanies for the season:


I was getting frustrated with embroidering the spider web on the hat as it just wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to, so I decided to pull out my old needlefelting box and felted it right on the hat. The wispiness of the wool roving adds dimension to the spider web. The needle felting also made it easier to get a better face on the ghostie. I might just have to conjure up a hat for myself!

2 comments:

Sultan said...

Everyone needs a a good chapeau.

Way Out Wear said...

Yes! Especially this time of year!