Saturday, June 01, 2013

"June is bustin' out all over...

 ...June better get a new dress."

 - that's a little joke my dad used to have. He'd sing the beginning line of the song and then end with the second line. For years I didn't even know it was a real song:




June 1st today. Wowza! How did that happen? It seemed like it was the beginning of spring just a short time ago. I feel like I've been in a fog the last week or so. In fact the other day I went from 7am to 9:30 and I don't know how.

Since I work from home, usually around 7:30 I make Jp a cup of coffee and bring it to him before he starts his work day. But the other day I suddenly realized he was in the kitchen at 9:30 making his own coffee. I didn't hear him get up, or shower or anything. I mean I kinda did, but I kinda didn't. That's a wee bit scary don't you think?

Anyway, work 'year end' is over. It's Saturday and it's the first of June. I'm ready to get started on getting things done. First up was some marketing and business for my little shop which I've basically neglected the past 2 months - and it shows. Sheesh. It's true you need 50% in making things and 50% marketing.

And I'm kinda glad that it's a cloudy day with some 'spitting' rain  so I can get some desk work/office work done. Does anyone else use that term  - spitting rain - besides us Vancouverites? Just like they say the Inuit have 50 words for snow, I'd say we could probably come up with just as  many to describe our rain - like "Scottish Mist" or "movie rain", that kind of thing.


2 comments:

Sultan said...

Hopefully June will bring flowers.

Way Out Wear said...

Yes June had better do that too