Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Soundless Sleep

Last night I was awakened by Eco walking around the house at 3:21am. I have no idea why. Sometimes I think she just changes rooms because there's a different bed in a couple of them. After a quick bathroom break I went back to bed and I thought about a friend of mine who wears double hearing aids - this means that he takes them out before he goes to bed and his poor wife gets to be awakened by things that go bump in the night.

I am grateful for my hearing and I don't want to wish hearing loss on myself or anyone but I wondered what it must be like to hear NOTHING once your head hits the pillow and what it would be like to have a soundless sleep. Don't you think you'd have a wonderful dreamy sleep? Freedom! Short of an elbow to the ribs or an earthquake you should be able to sleep peacefully thought the night. "What would it be like?" I asked myself over and over, and soon I was asleep again.

Do you wake up in the middle of the night because of noise? Do you think a soundless sleep is perfectly dreamy?

No comments: