Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I'm so relieved

On Sunday afternoon I noticed that Eco had put herself in her crate, which is unusual as she usually likes to be with us. I kept an eye on her while I cooked dinner but noticed she was lethargic. When Jp tried to give her some after dinner snacks, she didn't want to do anything for them and would rather walk away. Since it was Sunday evening and she had no other symptoms other than being cold (which is also odd for a big old labrador) I put her bed near the fire and slept on the floor beside her so I could be there if anything changed.

In the morning she was still withdrawn but she went to the bathroom as normal and ate her breakfast as normal. I decided without other symptoms the vet probably would tell me to monitor her - maybe send her home with an antibiotic. So I just kept a close eye on her. By about 3pm my usual Eco returned. Wagging her tail, giving us kisses, wanting to run and play. She was back. Down for 22 hours with some sort of bug, but now she has returned.

Let me tell you, I am so very grateful to have my happy, energetic dog back. It's one thing when she's like that from old age, but in the middle of her youth - I didn't like it!


4 comments:

Sultan said...

It is incredibly upsetting when the beloved pet does not seem to feel well and cannot tell you what is wrong.

Way Out Wear said...

Exactly! It was scary enough for me to sleep on the hard wood floor in the cold all night!! So, so very happy to have my energetic pooch back!

Andree Tracey said...

What a great dog owner you are - Eco is lucky to live with you! I feel the same way about my precious little pooch Suzi-Q. Glad she is OK!

Way Out Wear said...

Thanks Andree! She was okay after that. I love your dog's name - how sweet!