Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's Show Time!!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! This is it folks  - It's World Bellydance Day and it's time for the global charity ShimmyMob event! Check out more deets here



And I've been busy practicing all week. I've even been practising all over my backyard in shoes because today we'll be performing outside in a park. I've only danced and practiced indoors and in studios - it's hard to get fluid turns and movements when you can't spin and slide the way you are used to.

I think I am ready and I remind myself of these words spoke to me by my former instructor, well known choreographer for the Shimmy TV show - Kim Pechet -  said to me after my last performance "you know the moves, trust yourself and smile".

I'm still new to performing and I can see that I do get better each time I do it, and I know that many famous performers still get stage fright before they go on, but they overcome it and perform flawlessly so I am aiming to put the fears aside and just dance.

I also tell myself  - I can't stop time,the event will happen no matter what I do.

Besides it's a free event in a park on a rainy day. It's only 3 minutes long. By the time we start, it'll almost be over.

Time to go get ready - wish me luck!
And as we dancer say backstage to each other "bust a bra!"

2 comments:

Sultan said...

My guess is the performing butterflies never go away totally.

Way Out Wear said...

From what I've been told - they don't. Even famous performers still say they get them