Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Performance Jitters

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

It's performance time again for me. This will be my 4th time. It seems so silly to get freaked out about it when there are dancers with my instructor who do 4 a week. Or my amazing niece that is only 13 and has performed hundreds of times and has won trophies and awards.

But I'm not them, and I'm still freaking out. We had a good practice last night. I'm with a good group, we all move really well with each other - except one lady who has been out of town for the past two weeks. She'll show up for the performance but she hasn't been to practice. It concerns us because when someone's not there you fill there place, then suddenly sticking a person in can mess you up a bit.

We talked a bit to our instructor about it - she didn't say too much other than that we shouldn't worry about it and we can't worry about how she performs. And I understand what she means. I do need to just go out there - relax and pretend to enjoy it. As they say, I do know the moves, I just "need to slow down and relax. Don't rush it". That's what I am repeatedly told.

So this week I'll be refining the moves and preparing for Sunday's performance. I'm going to do a good job. right? If you have any performance advice please let me know!

No comments: