Saturday, May 13, 2006

Through the Throw


Well as I rested with my foot elevated, I finished the lap throw for my mom . I wish I had more pink to do the whole thing in one colour, with a soft grey border, but things didn't work out that way. Pink and Cream are good summer colours and perhaps she'll leave it on her balcony to keep herself warm in the evenings. It's not for Mother's Day, it is a 'just because' present. Those are the best kinds aren't they? She said she liked surprises.

I think I'll mail it to her, even though I'll be seeing her in about 2 weeks. I know I always like (good) surprises in the mail. Hmm, we'll see.

Now it's back to stash diving to see what's the next project. I really should get back to the 'big' cross stitch, but I find it is more cumbersome - there are so many parts and the lighting has to be just right, where as with crochet, you can do it anywhere and usually you just need your hook and your yarn.

No comments: