Thursday, July 13, 2006

On Tuesday, I left the house at 5:30 am to pick up a co-worker by 7:00 to take him to the hospital by 9:00 for surgery. I stayed with him until 10:00 and then did some errands for work. At 12:45 the surgery centre called me to say he was ready to be picked up, but that I'd have to pick up his prescription too. So I got there early, went to the pharmacy and bought his prescription (out of my pocket), waited for him to be ready, and then took him home. The surgery centre had told me he should not be alone that night, so I called JP to see what I should do. Bring him home with me? JP said to stay with him until he got there and then he'd spend the night with him. Wow! That's a lot of stuff to do for a co-worker! 200 km's later too. Where were all his supposed 'friends'? He insisted that I didn't need to stay and that friends were picking him up to stay the night. I argued for a bit and then left. How hard am I supposed to push someone?

Oh there's more to the story, but it's very long-winded. Basically because of this and other things I haven't been able to knit one %$@# thing! It's a good thing it's raining - but not really because rain means work is super busy and yesterday I worked 2 hours of overtime, today I started at 6:15 am! Tonight. Maybe tonight, I can go back to my things. I had really wanted to finish the front of the Piano sweater before my mom's arrival on the 19th, but I don't think I'll be able to make that deadline. I'll let you know.

No comments: