Monday, September 04, 2006

Labour Day Weekend

Well I decided to treat the weekend like a vacation, so I haven't done much of anything. Saturday I actually slept in until almost 9am! That's a big sleep in - I'm usually up between 5:30 and 6:15. But then I couldn't sleep until 1am Sunday. Sunday morning I was up around 6:30 so I guess things all balanced out. Took the dogs for a walk, watered the garden, that kind of stuff.

I finished two projects, but can't show you yet (one knit, one crochet). One's all packed up to go in the mail on Tuesday, the other will be send in a little while. Still working on the back of the black piano sweater. I'm at row 42. I have to go to row 86 before I mark for the sleeves. The good news is I am starting to be able to knit without looking at the project.

I've been reading the biography of Anna Wintour, Front Row by Jerry Oppenheimer. There are so many names that come into her life sometimes it's hard to keep straight. And, after a while, it just seems like she treats everyone like crap and it's the same thing over and over. But I just got to the part where she became editor of Vogue, so I'll read/skim a bit more and see if anything good happens.

Today it's cooler, so I 'll probably mow the lawn, but otherwise will still take it easy. Why not? That's my vacation.

No comments: