Friday, September 15, 2006

WASPS!

The other night I went to my carport to put stuff in the garbage and I heard a chewing sound. I looked around and couldn't find it. I poked some boxes. Nothing. The chewing sound didn't stop - like a mouse would. I called JP to help me look. He came out, and poked a box. A wasp flew out of a box and then he went inside. "Yup, found the problem", he said. "Hey thanks", I replied. One was on my sweater when I was in the house, and I did panic (a little bit) looking for that tennis racquet thing that zaps them. He says I over-reacted. I say he would do the same if he had one on him. The next day JP brought home some Wasp Spray and this morning when it was cooler and dark, I sprayed the box. See the carnage? All the little bodies, even some larva...The one mistake I made was picking up the box to move it where it was accessible, that's probably when I got stung; even though I was wearing jeans, a heavy jacket and boots, one stung/bit me on my thigh - this spot is much redder now, it's raised too - about 2" x 2 1/2" inches! The little monster!

I took some Dristan around noon and ended up napping for 20 minutes this afternoon, good thing I was working from home today!

Poor little fellas, I feel bad for them. I don't do nature, but I know that if I left the problem it would only get worse and would hate for JP or the kid to get stung/bit.

I packed up a box today for my mom's birthday, but didn't make the post office, so it will go tomorrow. It's gotta get there by Friday and I'm crossing my fingers that it makes it.

No comments: