Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yesterday, I thought we might get a White Christmas as I woke up and saw that it was snow-raining. The verticle lines in the photo are the snow flakes: Yes, that's Jazz standing there. She's hanging her head - she doesn't look like she likes the weather, but she's not running into the house either. Perhaps she's deciding too? Notice that the grass is tinted white with snow. It didn't last - it turned to rain after that and it's pretty much been raining all weekend. That's a pretty typical Christmas in the Vancouver area.

I wish my garden looked better in the winter, but I have noticed that lots of gardens don't look so great this time of year - don't you think?

It's a big disapointment that the Dogasaurus Rex sweater doesn't fit my mom's dog. So, yesterday I knitted another dog sweater for my mom's schnauzer. This one should fit his chest. I added 10 stitches to the underside and it's got buttons on the sides. But I fear it's not long enough from neck to tail. It's always something; I'm just not used to being around a small dog. But don't worry, I'm not giving up. This one is a denim blue with a 'cargo" pocket on the top. I just need to add a button to the pocket flap. Top view:

Side view:
I did some baking today. I only made two kinds of cookies as it's just the two of us and we don't have alot of people coming over. These are JP's Great Grand Nanny's Chocolate Chip and Rice Krispie cookies:
and here are some sugar cookies:
I'll probably pick up the sticks and start another project tonight, I can't go too long without working on something. What are you working on?

Drop me a note and say 'hi'.... and a Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: