Monday, July 30, 2007

Yay, I got tagged.

I got tagged to be part of the the Rockin' Girl Blogger as started by Roberta Ferguson (story here). I was tagged by the awesome Big Girl Feet, and it feels good! And in turn, I'm going to name a few RGBs myself, including:
Very Pink for her strength at such a tough time, her awesome haircut; her beautiful knitting, her ability to NOT have a stash and her incredible Basenjis
M. Patrizio for her fabulous creations, and her cute posts and
Strange Little Mama - who also needs lots of support right now in her tough time, for her beautiful family, her knitting and her awesome photographs. Of course I'd name Big Girl Feet because she's super incredibly talented and was able to break free and create the ultimate - her own career and business; but she's already been named and named me! Thank you BGF!! I'm honoured.

On Saturday, the kid comes up to me and asks me if I want to go to the bar. The bar! An 8 1/2 year old doesn't ask that question! Well, there's a place called Lou's Grill in Abbotsford that allows kids inside during the day ( I hope I don't get them in trouble)... so we take the kid there on a Saturday afternoon for the best dang blue chip nachos in the lower mainland! YUM! We also discourage the kid from telling people that daddy takes him to the bar.... on Sunday, we went for lunch at Kyoto Sushi in Newton (which is a part of Surrey) for really yummy Japanese food. We met up with JPs sister and his niece for lunch and for my birthday present and to get a wedding present. Nice! The food was excellent as well! It's so cute to see a 5 year old pour her own soy sauce and to mix the wasabi with her chop sticks. And both days, the lunches were so big (and we ate well) that we didn't have dinner. Yes, I know I'm a little piggy and I'll have to step up the workouts this week to make up for it.

I picked up a book from the library called A Passion for Punchneedle and I even dreamt about it on Saturday morning - I can take that as a "sign" right? Since I dreamt about it, I should do it, right? Although I have several crafts already going, I would still like to try this one....hmmm. It's a type of embroidery, where you punch from the back of the work and make loops - like a miniature rug. So many things to do isn't there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Denise! What do I do now? Do I get a button and get to tag more people?

You are so sweet for saying such nice things. :)

Way Out Wear said...

Yeah - you get to post the button on your site and you can name others, if you want to.
Keep up the great posts.