Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We're getting better all the time

1. Thanks to my brilliant brother, who set up my computer back-up system, the crash I experienced was not so bad. I did need a bit of tech help to get me started, but now I'm on my own and getting it back together. I'm not out of the woods yet, but very near.

2. There is an angel on earth and she's at Big Girl Feet - the sweetest person I've never met! That's right, we only know each other through cyberspace but she heard that my swap partner on Craftster had flaked on me (it was my first swap), so she decided to send me this wonderful package:

She crocheted the chihuahua doggie for me, then included a metal doggie picture frame, a basset hound note book and the cutest pooch pouch featuring some perky poodles which she also made! Plus a cute card with a wonderful note to explain. ISN'T SHE THE BEST PERSON? oh yes she is! I so, so love it all and every time I will look at these gifts, I will think of the fabulous person with a big, big heart. I think she should change her blog name to Big Heart Girl!

3. Last night, JP and I managed to get some thrifting done. I found several bright coloured aluminum knitting needles, a hair-pin lace maker, an Afghan Hook and some circular needles. Plus, I found this mystery craft item:

It's 4" square, with radiating circles marked on it and lots of holes for lots of pins. The spare pins are stored in a drawer underneath. I had to buy it because I was sure I could find out what it is. It says "Hazel's Adjust-O-Peg" on it but all I found was a reference to one book published in 1969 to made "mod flowers" with wire or raffia. Have you ever seen craft instructions or every used one? I guess I'll just have to experiment!

Also, I found my new favourite glass - a cute frosted tumbler which says "Melon Boy" on one side and "Let's Go! Let us feel the warmth of happiness" under the boy riding the dolphin




4. Sadly for me, I have a HUGE headache. It woke me up at 3:00 this morning. 4 hours ago I took 2 Tylenol 3's but it's back again. I think I may need to finish my computer work a bit later and take a break now outside. It's not a migraine so I am not bothered by the bright hot sun.

3 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Hmmm...the mystery craft item? With pins? Is it a macrame set? I remember using a big tile and some great big pins for macrame when I was kid. Loved the macrame. Also, Cynthia is the best craft swap person ever. I've also had the Big Girl Feet swap experience and she does not disappoint!

Rick said...

You were very lucky to have found an Adjust-O-Loom. I'm searching hi and lo for one. The most recent one on ebay sold for over $40!!!

Way Out Wear said...

Thanks Rick - I had no idea they'd sell for that much! At this point I don't even know where I put mine!