Friday, August 17, 2007

Did you watch Mad Men last night on AMC? It was a new episode, and so very good. Do check it out.

Yesterday I had a business meeting in Burnaby so I swung by Chapters at Metropolis and finally found the new issue of Adorn ! That was 8 different stores we had to go to - mostly JP went for me (what a sweety)! I bought the last copy at Chapters too. So when I finally got my hands on it, I questioned whether it was worth that much work! When I got home I decided I'd subscribe to save us this hassle again - but guess what? They don't offer subscriptions outside of the USA. Hmph! What good is a magazine if they don't sell it anywhere and they don't offer a subscription!

On the way home I stopped at a yarn store - it's only open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am - 4pm - well that takes out most office workers unless you can go during your lunch break. The store is short on cash and is being run by volunteers who do not always show up. So if you want to buy from them, you may have to come back!?! How is that helpful? What's the point? Next they're going to be 'by appointment only'!

I did buy a couple of skeins of bright blue, grass green and black for felting - I'm going to try a purse.... as soon as I find a pattern (or as soon as I make one up!)

Happy Friday!

No comments: