Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labour Day Weekend

One thing this weekend wasn't about was labour! I didn't end up cleaning up the shed like I should have. I didn't mow the lawn and I didn't clean the fish tank. Instead, we went for a 10k walk on Saturday and a 5k walk on Monday. We ended up watching Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome which I haven't seen since around the 80's and after watching it, JP was sure he'd never seen it. I crocheted the sick pig (see previous posts) and started on the monkey from Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful - in normal colours: grey and burgundy. I've completed the body, the head and 3 legs so far. I hope to finish him tonight.

Yesterday there was a Rough Trades marathon on the National Geographic channel - this is a show where they highlight 3 extreme or tough jobs from around the world per episode; it was very interesting. I think there was about 12 episodes yesterday. This is when I crocheted my monkey and JP took a 2 hour nap.

Not all was lost as I did do some labour: I did clean up my office for a bit on Sunday and I did iron about 8 of JP's shirts. And I walked the dogs. But other than things like meals and washing dishes, I think that's about all the work I did - that's not a bad long weekend is it?

Now it's September and the leaves have already started to fall - a bit too soon (in my opinion) and it's too dark to walk the dogs at 5:30 in the morning, so I'll have to take them on my lunch break or after work. I'll begin to start the fall clean up of the garden, and maybe next weekend if it's dry, I can rearrange that shed which I should have done this spring or summer but didn't. September is a time of beginning. More so, to me, than January. September means a fresh start, a change in seasons and back to routines. Back to spending more time inside and therefore handling the paperwork and clutter that builds up over the spring and summer. This is also the time of year when I have to put the gardens to rest, but can I can also plant a few seeds or bulbs for next spring. And there is often one or two milder days when I can sit outside in a polar fleece and still enjoy the surroundings while hugging a cup of tea.

Back to school, back to work.. it's all good.

No comments: