Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Harder than getting married

It's been two months since I got married and I still haven't changed my name on the utilities, credit card, etc - why? Because I have to sit on hold for over 30 minutes for each one -and when a person works during the day, this is not an easy task. Some of these companies' automatic systems are just plain horrible. There I said it. And I hope others say it too. They don't give you an option that fits but you have to choose one because you can't get to a customer service representative without it. What - don't women have accounts in their names? Are we still that male dominated that the phone and the utilities etc are always in the man's name and therefore a simple name change isn't so simple?

Why was my driver's licence the easiest thing to get changed, but changing my name with the cable company more elusive than Big Foot?

There. There's my Monday morning grumble.

No comments: