Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Two days...

It's just two days before I fly to Alberta to visit my mum for her birthday. I'd like to bring a crochet project with me, something smaller in gauge so I don't need to bring lots of yarn, but something big enough that I won't finish before I board my first flight.

I was thinking about crocheting a scarf maybe? That would be something that I wouldn't lose my place in the pattern and most likely wouldn't be finished before I'm back home. Maybe now is the time to attempt a doily? But then what would I do with it? Hmmm,

What's your best knitting or crochet project for flying? or What do you suggest I should try?


Finished last night:

Christmas Bookmark
No. 10 Variegated Crochet Cotton with a No.6 steel hook.
(I don't like that the white appears dirty.)

6 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Hi dropping in on your blog best of luck with your mom on her birthday. I will say how about crocheting a hat or a scarf or both a matching hat and scarf. Have fun on your trip. :)

Way Out Wear said...

Hello! Thanks for the comment. That's a good idea - a hat _and_ a scarf!
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I think a hat and a scarf would be cool! Or you could go retro and try leg warmers or mittens!

Carol Browne said...

Leg warmers? Sweet. I was going to suggest socks, but, leg warmers for Alberta could be a good option. She's a maniac on the floor and she's dancing like she's never danced before.

Way Out Wear said...

Carol you crocheted on your trip to the prairies didn't you? Did you have any problems with security or the person sitting next to you? What did you make?

Carol Browne said...

I ended up bringing all the stuff to knit socks, but realized on the plane that I had brought the wrong yarn so I wasn't able to knit them after all. I haven't tried bringing on crochet hooks on the plane, though. I think it's okay. The knitting needles were not a problem.