Monday, March 02, 2009

A year and a day

I haven't felt much like writing over the past few days and didn't know how I should say it, but Jazz is gone (Friday afternoon). It's a very strange feeling - not only losing her, but also having to adjust to new routines. Thirteen years of dog ownership and now I have none, both are gone - a year and a day apart. I've always been a big dog person and if you ever wanted me to ramble on for half an hour (or more), you could just start talking about dogs and off my mouth would go. It's a big part of my life, of who I am. They were a priority for me. I told Jp when we started to date "Love me, love my dog" - it was a deal breaker, it was just that much a part of my life.

The work week will be hard as she always spent the day in the doorway of my office. But then again, lots of things will be hard - sunny spring days which we'd enjoy a nice long walk, two eyes on my while I cooked dinner being watched for falling food/scraps, watching her sun herself as I gardened, living with a pear stealer (what am I going to do with all the pears on my tree? Jazz usually only left me with about 4!), waking up to an alarm clock because no one's tummy is empty at 5:00am. So many things.

I really appreciate all your support, kind words and well wishes throughout her illness. Your supportive comments have meant a lot to me. Thank you.

5 comments:

bodalorna said...

What a lovely tribute. I wish you continued wonderful memories and time for healing. All the best to you...

Way Out Wear said...

Oh thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words Lorna.

Endako Jo said...

love

Carol Browne said...

Oh. I'm so sorry, Denise. Can you email me your mailing address please? I have a little something something for you.

Take good care. I know how it feels. The house is still strangely quiet for me. And I still don't rush to pick up food off the floor.

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Oh Denise, I have been away from the computer and just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you have so many wonderful memories and I hope they bring you comfort now. *hug*