Monday, April 05, 2010

Nontraditional Easter

We have a very nontraditional Easter - that's our tradition!

Instead of turkey or ham, this year we had meatloaf - in the shape of an egg and decorated like one using mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, bacon, mustard, ketchup and mayo. (I know, it's very hard to tell from this photo-but the boys were dying to dig in so I couldn't make them wait any longer while I fiddled with the camera.)

Not a diet meal, I know. 

As well, we don't give gifts to each other, instead, we head to Granville Street in Vancouver and buy books and magazines at Oscars Art Books and the magazine store next door. Sadly this time, I didn't really find any books this time though, but I did get some magazines:

I put the magazines on the floor, and Eco lay down in front of them, so I decided to include her in the photo since it was her idea.

On our way back to the car, we stopped into a kitchen ware store and found these awesome ice cube trays. One is called 'Gin and Titonic' and the cubes are shaped like the Titanic and icebergs. The other one makes the cubes in the shape of gemstones (Cool Jewels). 

2 comments:

veterankindergartenteacher said...

What a creative idea. I love what you did with the meatloaf. I bet your boys did too. I know they were anxious to eat it but I am glad you took a picture first.

Way Out Wear said...

Thanks! Actually, I quickly took the photo and then called them to the table! A wee bit of a trick. It was definitely very tasty