Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Dog Show

The kid and I went to the Dog Show today. He was not happy with how the dogs looked - he felt all the dogs looked sad, and the handlers were too intense and cranky! It was a little more fun at the Rally Obedience section but that was about it.

I gotta admit, the dog show environment is a quite a harsh place for a dog. A big super bright building, with so much noise and so many other dogs all locked up in cages and people with all sorts of high energy filling the rooms - it seems very crazy.

I might consider entering Eco in the Rally Obedience, but we are definitely not conformation people, that's for sure. I like having fun with my dog, and I like my dog to have fun. I know most of them are considered 'working breeds', but I don't think a dog show is the 'right' kind of work for a dog.

What do you think?

No comments: