Saturday, November 13, 2010

Scarf in Progress

A couple months ago when Cynthia, Carol and I went thrifting and yarn shopping, I splurged and bought this beautiful Noro yarn. I was planning to make something for myself. I perused many patterns and decided that entrelac would be great for this yarn. Entrelac is a way of knitting 'sideways' to create a diamond pattern, almost appearing as if the 'fabric' was woven.

Here is the yarn I chose (the four skeins at the top):


I decided I'd make a scarf. Here is my progress, I am almost finished one skein - which makes me 1/4 of the way complete.
I was loving the colour progression until in the middle of the burgundy it ended and they tied the lime green right next to it. Dang it - I am not happy about that, but I have no idea how the next 3 skeins will go (they might do the same thing) and so I'm just going to keep going and see where it takes me.

My progress from here on will be slow as I'm trying to make a few Christmas items which I need to complete by December 10th - no later for shipping on time.

5 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Wow!! It's gorgeous! I love the burgundy in there- it's like a little surprise!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh thank you! I think there is a bit more burgundy to come towards the end of the skein, it's fun to see how it progresses.

Anonymous said...

that is not only a beautiful way to show a patterns but it displays the different colours just beautiful!! The blues are blended perfectly and the rest of the colours are worked in great as well. I really don't mind that bit of lime green.It is a perfect spark between all the other colours. You will look very handsome ( and expensive) when you wear such a great scarf.

Carol Browne said...

This scarf is looking dreamy and I love this style of knitting. You are a champion knitter!

Way Out Wear said...

Hey thanks Carol! I'm blushing!