Friday, March 04, 2011

Mini-Vacation - Day 3

Yesterday was another nice day, the snow was gone and the skies were sunny and clear, plus it was warmer - up to 5 degrees C! We went down to the hotel restaurant and had a yummy breakfast then went back to the room, Jp had some business to take care of so I was left to my own devices - some TV watching, some embroidery, some computer, some iPod, some embroidery, a phone call, some computer...

Jp is so smart, he brought a little thermos with him, so before we'd leave the restaurant at breakfast we'd have them fill it up with coffee. While he was out during the day, I could have a hot coffee - without leaving the hotel room  - whenever I wanted - very nice!

Later we packed our bags and headed out for dinner, and then over to the airport. Just before leaving the hotel, I checked the status of our flight and it was on time but when we looked the Departure Board upon arriving at the airport, our flight was now going to be 3 hours late! (mechanical problems).  We checked our bags, then talked to the car rental place who said we could keep the car for a little longer, so we left the airport and went back into town to wander around a very nice Chapters store and through the mall. We made our way back to the airport and then sat in the lounge to wait for our plane which was now another 1/2 hour late.

This was the only downside of the whole trip - the plane ride home; a three and half hour flight delay, followed by a very uncomfortable seat. And because Jp and I were flying together, we sat next to each other, which put me in the middle. The guy next to me was obviously not a seasoned traveller as the plane was half empty and he could have easily moved to a empty row, but he didn't. He just sat there and farted for the whole flight. Yay me. I turned the air jet over my head to blow as much air as possible on me, but still it was not pleasant... anyway, enough about that as I'm home and everything is good.

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

It sounds like you enjoyed your time away.

Carol Browne said...

Lovely! All but the farty neighbour. Jeez. I'll be Eco was happy to have you back.

Way Out Wear said...

Yes I did Teena - thanks

And yes Carol - I don't know who missed who more...