Sunday, September 18, 2011

Making Puppies

It's been a while since I've posted and it's been a rather quiet summer blogwise, I know. I haven't been feeling too well the past couple of months and didn't really have the energy to get much done. As well, I really didn't think you'd want to hear me drone on like Debby Downer. I'm hopeful that things are picking up now and recently I've started to pick up a project or two as well - which was something I just hadn't been able to do in those months.

Here is a knitted chocolate Labrador from the book Knit Your Own Dog:


I'm not that happy with it, so I'll be making another with different wool. On Ravelry, I found others who made the same pattern but used larger needles and a thicker wool which I'd like to try. I found the knitting was fine, but the sewing up was quite fiddley and that's why I'm not too thrilled with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really good. Looks just like our dog!


bye

underThere

~ o ~ ~ o ~ ~ o
The biggest thing God did wrong was not to let dogs live longer

Life is too short to have an ugly lookin dog ...GET A LAB

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)
ruff!!!!!!

Teena in Toronto said...

It's very cute! My knitting needles are dusty :(

Way Out Wear said...

Teena, you should really pick them up again, it's so rewarding!

Underthere, thanks again for your supportive comments!

britto said...

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there..


Romero Britto