Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another Finished Object

I forgot to show you the napkins I made my mom for Christmas. I was in such a rush to get them in the mail to her I forgot to take a photo - just as well because it matches my mom's Christmas China Pattern - Winterberry by Pfzaltgraff  and this gives you a better idea of how they match:

My mom flattered me by saying that when she opened the packaged there was a discussion in the room about whether I made them or they were commercially embroidered because they were  done so well. I didn't think I needed to say that I had done them, in my mind it was obvious but I guess sometimes it's best for us crafters to give a little explanation about how or why we made something and why we gave it as a gift. I think we forget that what may be obvious to us, isn't obvious to others, especially to the non crafters - don't you think?

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job! They match so well!

Jxx said...

Wow that looks great!!