Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I've really been enjoying making the baby hats and have so many ideas for things to do next - I just need the time!!!! I just put up an little shop on Etsy and I'm working on tweaking my listings - right now it's still too yucky to share, but I thought I'd get started and tweak it as I go.

In the mean time, I just finished this little owl hat which is sized for a newborn.

The problem I'm having is that it's easier to imagine the hat on a baby but I don't have access to any newborns at the moment, so I've been using a doll. Jp thinks it's too creepy to use and that I'll end up on Regretsy which I'd prefer not to have happen.

What can I do? I could try blurring out it's face, but so far I haven't figured out how to do it. How creepy is the baby doll to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you did an awesome job on all the different hats. I like the thickish wool but practically I would not put that on a baby. However, you already said that it is just for the photgrapher.
About posting your creations by using a doll seems perfectly normal to me. I cannot agree with Jp in this case. It is the hat that is important, not the posing item. Why should it be creepy? I think you maybe add a little bit of your own general dislike for dolls, but the baby looks quite natural. If you did want to change the face perhaps only the eye colour that would probably make the baby doll's face look less stark. I think you have Photoshop elements and most versions let you select the eye area and you can fill in the colour with one pen tool. Set the size of the pixels to small so you have control over where you put the colour.
Yes, there are babies with black eyes, but from a photograph point of view the blue eyes always look softer and more newborn like.