Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Doggie Diapers

So as you recall from my May 21st post about my brother's newest dog, Gekko she has a bit of an incontinence problem so I found this site: K9 Diaper.  Is anyone familiar with this type of product? I think it would probably help everyone in the house if something was there to catch some of the 'random' droplets.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I had a Old English Sheepdog who wasn't spayed and who developed breast cancer(please always spay your dog before she's 3 - I speak from experience). She had a couple of lumpectomy operations and the first time she went in for surgery to remove several 'breasts" my mom converted a piece of lingerie into a cover for her chest which helped keep her stitches clean .... but it was much easier with an Old English because they don't have tails!

By the way, here's Gekko's* adoption sign from the SPCA: 

...didn't they do a good job at pulling on our heart strings? 

*I believe my SIL changed her name from Echo to Gekko 
because my  dog's name is Eco (pronounced "Eeek-o) and they were close  sounding. 
I'll have to verify that though, in case you're curious.  

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I had a 17 year old cockapoo who peed a lot towards the end of her life ... in our bed, on the couch, on the carpet, etc. She never noticed. I bought her a doggy diaper and that did the trick. Basically it's a cloth diaper that you put maxi pads in to absorb the pee.

Way Out Wear said...

thanks Teena, I'll pass that info on.
17 years is excellent! What a great little dog she must have been!