Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day 2012. Today it'll be a nice, quiet day. I don't plan on doing too much in the kitchen, not sure what we'll have for dinner yet.There should be enough leftovers that I can be lazy. However, knowing me, I say that now but by 4pm I'm whipping something crazy up!

Christmas Day was good. We both did a very good job on presents for each other. And my family did a very nice job of picking out items for me as well. Thankfully I don't have family that runs through the mall at the last minute grabbing something that might be in their price range - my family thoughtfully picks out items for me, which I very much love.

One of my favorite gifts from Jp is this deer head: 

Now I'm sure many of you wonder why the heck I'd want that but I think it's beautiful done in white, on a white wall. It is very well done and I love it. And I don't know how he found it so easily -  I had been looking for a while and either they were not available or not in my price range. This one has a bit of "glittery flocking" on it - which doesn't necessarily sound nice, but it is. It gives just the right amount of texture and reflects some light back.

I hope you received the presents you wanted and that your gifts were thoughtfully chosen for you as well. What was your favourite gift? 

2 comments:

Sultan said...

My brother gave me a nice lump of coal.

Way Out Wear said...

a big raspberry to your brother!

(unless you wanted coal for winter warmth)