Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sunshine Makes Me Happy

Oh what a lovely day it's been, sure it's cold (-6 degrees celsius) but the sun was out - loud and proud! I am so happy to see the sun, I can't even begin to tell you.

But when it's cold outside, it's cold inside and this morning it was only 16 degrees in my house, so I turned up the gas fireplace and dug out my biggest, thickest Scandinavian wool sweater - that helps a lot. It's up to 20 degrees now, that's much more bearable.

This afternoon I put on a big long scarf which I wrapped around my neck several times, a flannel baseball cap, ear muffs, a big puffy jacket and some polar fleece gloves and went for a nice dog walk. It's unfortunate that Jp can't come with me to enjoy the lovely weather and the pleasant dog walk... but he's just not that kind of a guy.

I expected the dog park to have more people but three or four can be just fine too. If the wind stops and you can stand in the sun, you can actually feel a little heat, but unfortunately the dog park was in full shade. Today's people were nice and the dogs had a pretty good time - Eco played with a mini Labradoodle called Pansy which was good for her. Many dogs overpower her and then she ends up spending all her time with the people. Today she chased it and played with it pretty good. Maybe because Pansy was only 1 1/2 years old, Eco was more comfortable with a puppy. The one man that was there said he thought the football games had something to do with so few people that were there - the rest of us weren't even aware of any football games. He told us to root for Seattle because they are the closest to us. And then for the Patriots later today because they are a better team. I don't understand sports fans.

Here's what my frosty garden looks like today: 

Did you have a sunny day? How did you spend your Saturday? 

5 comments:

Sultan said...

It was 15.5 degrees here (celsius) yesterday so I honestly considered going to the beach!

Teena in Toronto said...

We broke temperature records here today ... so warm. Crazy!

Way Out Wear said...

Wow that's pretty warm for Chicago this time of year!
Teena - Toronto was on the news last night! Showing people jogging in t-shirts! Crazy weather!
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Introverted Art said...

Wow it's been about 80 degrees in south Florida. A couple of weeks ago, it was 75 and all the women were in boots!!

Way Out Wear said...

Oh yes, Florida would be nice. I have a friend who's been vacationing there for 3 weeks, I fear she won't return home!
75 degrees and in boots? Wow!