Sunday, October 13, 2013

What I am thankful for

I'm cooking our Thanksgiving dinner today because we have a bunch of other things happening tomorrow. But true to my body, I woke up sick. It's not a surprise to me at all since there were many Christmases and Easters where I was in bed sick. Or I would get sick as soon as exams were over - that's how I missed my high school graduation party: I got all dressed up, went to the dinner and by the end of dinner I was sick. A teacher came into the bathroom and looked at me in disgust and said something to the effect of  "that's what you get for drinking so much". I guess she could say that since I was technically no longer a student and I'm sure it was the reason why many other kids were puking that night. But I hadn't had a drink. I had the flu. I spent the next 24 hours answering the phone from my friends calling to tell me about each fabulous party they were at, and wondering if I was better and if I could join them. I was home, sick in bed for at least 3 days.

It's not like being sick was on my mind - please don't tell me that through the law of attraction I brought this on. I haven't been sick in at least two years. Not even a cold. I'm not going to complain about being sick because I've dodged the sick bullets for a while.  I am just not surprised that in the middle of our Thanksgiving weekend that I am sick.

Still I have already walked the dog, made and baked the pumpkin pies. I just don't feeling like doing much else. I am thankful that we do not have a house full of people and I am thankful that I do not have to go to someone else's house. I am thankful we have a ham instead of a turkey and I am thankful that because it's only the three of us, I don't have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen (maybe two for dinner). I am thankful that I have tomorrow off and fully expect to feel better tomorrow. I am thankful it's s sunny day and I am thankful I am indoors and can rest in my comfy bed, which is where I'm going to go for the next couple of hours, with some yarn and knitting needles in my hands (of course).
How about you, what are your Sunday plans? 

3 comments:

Sultan said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better.

Maya Kuzman said...

Get better soon!
I would love to be able to say that I would enjoy lounging around all day tomorrow but as it is I am taking a group of kids to the Giffoni Film Festival (day 3 - 2 more to go)...
Anticipating the next weekend eagerly!

Way Out Wear said...

Wow a group of kids to f a Film Festival - that's an admirable task! Wish you all the best.

BTW - my cold is almost gone now. Thank you