Sunday, March 02, 2014

Eight Years

I know. I know. My regular readers probably hate that I randomly redesign the blog. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I like to change it up for the seasons, or for holidays, but sometimes I find it gets a little mmm -  you know - meh.

It's kinda like when your house gets messy and you feel you can't be productive until you do some cleaning or organizing. That's how the blog felt. Well you know it has been going on for 8 years. Eight years can you believe it? That's longer than some marriages. So time for an anniversary redecoration.

Speaking of my 8-year Blogaversary, here are some fun facts:


  • Over 1350 blog posts
  • Over 2500 comments
  • I used the knitting tag on 198 posts, the dog tag on 176 posts and crochet on 123 posts. 
  • In the eight years I've posted I've changed all sorts of friends. I started yoga and dance. I lost two pet birds, two dogs and several fish. 
  • I got married and I got a puppy (who's now almost 5 years old) 
  • I started my own business but didn't move or change my day job. 
  • My most popular posts were 1) the mice from Dinner for Schmucks and 2) the K-tel Knifty Knitter 3) Costco Hotdogs 4) "Bear-y-Season" 5) and "how to tell a meth lab dog" - which was actually a joke about the types of Labrador dogs - black lab, yellow lab, chocolate lab and meth lab. 
  • The top three countries my viewers come from are: the US, Canada and Russia
And all the rest was just mundane day to day stuff?? I hope not. And I appreciate everyone who reads my blog and comments on it - I really appreciate seeing your comments, and reading your blogs too. Thank you all for being my online friends. It's been fun. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You make interesting projects for sure. But even better is your varied and thoughtful observations on life. Oh, the sprinkling of quirky bits of information.

Here is to another eight.

bye

deb

tousled day said...

That's really impresive!!!
Congrats!!!
(and hope that you'll have much, much more ;) )

Way Out Wear said...

Thank you, thank you - your comments are very much appreciated!

Sultan said...

Hopefully the next 8 years will be filled with great things for you.

Andree Tracey said...

That's a very nice summary of your 8 years of blogging - congratulations! And I agree with Deb, I love your observations and curiosity about life.

Kris said...

Happy blogaversary!!