Saturday, August 09, 2014

Stitched

Lately I've been having some issues with stress. This is giving me severe neck pain and immense headaches. When I realized that my headache went away on the long weekend but returned when I was back at work, I tried to figure out the cause. I believe it's self inflicted stress related to work so I am trying to find whys to not be stressed.

One of the changes I've made is to put my creative time at the beginning of the day since when it's at the end, it often doesn't get done. I also figured that maybe having something to look forward to in the morning would also help. I started with a Craftster challenge.  This month's theme was "whimsical, nonsense, free range". I played around with some idea, asked Jp for his creative input and came up with this:

I think it meets all three requirements. And I did have fun doing it, and I haven't been feeling as sick as I was before I started this exercise. I am also proud of myself for drawing the images - yes I used the internet for inspiration and I believe that many real artists do  - but there was no tracing or printing, I had to adjust the pieces to fit the theme and drew everything by hand. I think it turned out pretty well.

I am feeling a bit better today  - I have a dull headache but haven't taken anything for it yet. That hasn't happened for a while.

And now I'm looking for the next inspiration, although I do have an alternate to the above I could make so it's a set.

Your comments as always welcome.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hehe, I like it! Well done!

Maya Kuzman said...

hahaha
I love it!