Monday, November 03, 2014

Halloween is laid to rest for another year

Halloween went off without a hitch this year - we had about 44 kids come to the door. And despite all the jokes about vast amounts of "Elsa's" coming to the door, I think I only had two Elsa's and two "Brave" and other than a puppy and a couple of Spidermans, the rest were rather nondescript - possibly all zombies?


The biggest thing for me is having a dog who doesn't care at all about fireworks. The number of years my poor sweet Jazzie suffered are enough for a lifetime. Thank you Eco, I love that about you!

********

Many people curse Daylight Savings time because their kids or dogs are up too early - not in this house. Do you know who's having trouble adjusting? Me! Yes that's right. I'm the one still getting up at 5:30 ! LOL. Maybe not tomorrow since I have dance tonight and I usually sleep pretty well after that.

It did take me a bit to figure out why there weren't kids at the door at 5:30 on Halloween like there used to be - because this year Daylight Savings was after Halloween and so it was still light outside!

How was your Halloween weekend? Anything spooky?

No comments: