Saturday, November 08, 2014

The. Nasty B -Word

No, not that one! The other one - BUSY! It seems to be used by almost everyone.

Everyone is talking about being so very busy.
But lately I have been busy -I put in almost 2 hours of overtime every day in October(and at least an hour a day extra this month) plus I have been getting all sorts of orders for my shop, plus dance and householdy things and I feel I am busy and I can legitimately use that word. Do you agree?
 
 *******

Since the beginning of summer, I have been battling headaches and neck pain. By the end of August the pain still hadn't gone away on its own and I was getting concerned with daily headaches and the effects of regular use of Aleve(Naproxin) so I started with massage therapy. The first session took away at least 40% of the muscle tightness over my shoulder blades and trapezius muscles. I went to several sessions to bring some relief. I. The mean time I. Had an x-Ray done of my neck which showed how tight my muscles were -along with some arthritis in my neck. My doctor suggested I try acupuncture. I went to three sessions and after my last session, she told me to wait 2weeks before my next appointment, which would be this upcoming week. I the mean time. I have been working hard on stretching my neck with yoga poses and stretches to counter the position of sitting looking at a computer screen all day. I think I am gaining on the pain. It has been 4 days since my last pain relief pill, although I must confess I really wanted one this afternoon!

I am seeing progress with me health and that is making me feel less anxious about all the work I have been doing. How's things for you?

No comments: