Sunday, December 07, 2014

Ground to a ?

I know I have neglected my blog for a while, but I must admit that I was shocked to see it was so long since my last post. By now I assume that nobody still reads my blog.

I had poured all that I had into work for the past three months, watching my inbox climb from a little over 100 emails to over 700 emails. And all can't just be dumped somewhere, they all must be dealt with somehow. I put in a lot of overtime and I busted my tail to invoice as much work as I could because it was our 2nd quarter end and the 1/2 year number was really important to the big bosses in the USA. In the last week I invoiced over $220K which is a lot of my department.

The following week we had a Western Canada Regional Meeting. I asked the manager of the region how we did and he told me it wasn't too good. What a let down, I busted my tail at great personal expense for nothing! A couple days after that, my manager sent a message to congratulate us and said we did really good. Typical large corporation, the numbers don't mean anything because the stats can be manipulated any way you want them too.

But hey, I busted my tail for a 'thanks for all the hard work" email. Grr. I know I've been doing this long enough, and I know I should've have expected anything more based on past experience, but I really truly believed I'd have a little more feedback than that.

And to make matters worse, I've gained back all the weight I lost last spring so I'm coming up to Christmas having to figure out how to not feel so heavy and bloated. I had wanted to take some time off in December, but the work keeps pouring in. I'm at the point where it's just going to have to be that way since I can't work any smarter/harder than I do. Let the chips fall where they may.

I need to look after myself first. Do you ever get like that? Allow the world around you to take over ?

I really need to be careful this month.

On the plus side, I have lots of orders for knitting, and so I must now pick up my needles and speed knit for the next two weeks. I'm so happy that people want my items!

No comments: