Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Lil' Pink Sock, I love my lil' pink sock" - Mooch, from Mutts

I made these slippers for my mom from some inherited yarn. I just couldn't figure out what to do with it, I had 8 'balls', not enough for a sweater or top, but more than just a scarf. Plus I was looking for something a little more complex. I crocheted a test piece and knitted a test piece and felt it looked better knitted. Then, I found a super easy pattern on the internet that has you make them on straight needles in one long piece and then sew the sides together. I'm almost embarrassed, if I had know it would be so easy, I would have done the circular needle pattern. I day for a pair. I'll keep this in mind next time someone I know is convalescing because it'd make a great get-well- soon present, don't you think?

Other than that, we've got rain, so I can't work in the garden, but I'll have to get crack-a-lacking soon.

No comments: