Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tiny Dancer / Ruby Red Shoes

Some friends of mine are expecting really soon and I wanted to make them some baby shoes, so I started with the pattern for One Hour Baby Booties in SnB Nation. Well, I didn't have any chunky wool and it was 8:00 on a Saturday night, so I thought I'd try with some Red Heart Super Saver. Well, look what I have. 2" shoes! (That's the bottom of an iPod in the photo so you can see the sizing).

These are almost 1/2 what they should be. I laughed so hard after completing one tiny shoe that I decided I'd make a pair for fun. I'm sure they'll fit on some doll or stuffy. Right now they fit on the kid's big toes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are cool. Going "small" or "miniature" might be a gimmick. HOw about turning them into a Christmas tree ornament for your friends to remember "Baby's First Christmas"?