Saturday, August 19, 2006

Attention Race Fans

Last night JP and I went to the Mission drag strip (1/4 mile flat track). They had a "street legal" night and he had a friend who was there to see a show-and-shine of Volkswagens and to put his bike on the track. It was fun and even JP said he'd consider going again. We met up with his friend and talked cars and bikes - it was all right.

The track is a bit more fun for me because years ago I had dated a guy who worked at a Harley bike shop, he worked his way up to being able to drive the shops' drag bike. He even broke a Canadian Record. I travelled with him and the team to other BC drag strips including Mission, Ashcroft and Prince George. Spending a weekend with the drag team and in the pits was fun and interesting. And seeing someone you know race is even more exciting. He was even featured in a bike magazine. So I knew the track well and seeing the lights and hearing the sounds brought back those memories. I tried to contain my giddiness.

JP made plans to go to a car rally on Sunday. So I'll let you know (and I'll take photos)

I finished the front and sides of my purse. Now I'm just going to take the dogs for a walk before it gets too hot, and then I'm going to sew it up. Then I'll figure out how I'm going to do the handles. I think it'll be an i-cord and I'll keep them short for a handbag because any longer and I think they'll stretch too much.

No comments: