Saturday, November 25, 2006

It snowed! It snowed!

Okay, if I thought yesterday was snow, well then today certainly counts double! I got up at 6:30 to let the dogs out and found the whole house and yard blanketed with snow. This time it stayed on the ground. Now it's very wet outside, which creates a condition called 'slush'. Slush is fairly unique to the Vancouver (and probably Seattle too) area and it's actually kinda tough to drive in. Good thing we don't NEED to go anywhere today.

Last night I knitted 3 more balls of the multi-blue kid mohair and found that it had turned my hands blue. I've never heard anyone mention that the dye can come off the wool. I'd expect that with home dyed yarn, but not commercially produced. I hope the colour doesn't come off on the clothing when this gift is finished. I guess I'll wash the finished product and see what happens. Any suggestions?

No comments: